The Organic Agriculture Research Symposium (OARS) will be held in Lexington, KY from January 25-26, 2017, in conjunction with the Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (SAWG) Conference.
At OARS, researchers provide their latest research results to those interested in organic agriculture. This symposium will bring together researchers, farmers, ranchers, extension agents, educators, agricultural professionals, and other beneficiaries of organic agriculture and farming systems research to learn about and advance organic farming research. It offers researchers a forum to engage in peer-to-peer exchanges of ideas and provides participants an opportunity to create lasting relationships with those conducting critical organic agriculture research. Research topics expected to be included are:
- Management of insect pests, diseases and weeds
- Market entry and transition to organic
- Adaptations to climate change in the South
- Soil health, quality and nutrient cycling
- Holistic animal health and nutrition
- Grazing and pasture management systems
- Impact on rural communities
- Economics, marketing and consumer behavior
- Systems and on-farm research methods and practices
We hope you can attend! For registration and more information, please visit http://www.ssawg.org/2017-symposium/.
Scholarships are available, letters of interest should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5th.